1/2 pkg (14.1 oz/399 g) refrigerated pie crust (1 crust), chilled
1 tsp (5 mL) Korintje Cinnamon, divided
1 lb (450 g) frozen peaches, thawed
1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
1/4 cup (50 mL) pecan halves
Powdered sugar and vanilla ice cream (optional)
1) Remove pie crust from package; do not unroll. Cut pie crust in half crosswise. Cut pie crust halves lengthwise into four pieces and finely dice. Place in Round Covered Baker.
2) Sprinkle ½ tsp (2 mL) of the cinnamon over the diced pie crust and mix gently. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-6 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring halfway through cooking with Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Spread half of the pie crust over Parchment Paper to cool.
3) Meanwhile, juice lemon using Citrus Press to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL). Mix juice, peaches, brown sugar and remaining ½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon in Classic Batter Bowl.
4) Pour peach mixture over pie crust in bottom of baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4-6 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
5) Meanwhile, coarsely chop pecans using Food Chopper. Remove baker from microwave using Microwave Grips. Sprinkle remaining pie crust and pecans over peach mixture; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with ice cream, if desired.
Cook’s Tips: For best results, do not soften pie crust.
One 29 oz (796 mL) can of drained sliced peaches can be substituted for the frozen peaches, if desired.
If desired, 1¼ lbs (575 g) medium fresh ripe peaches, sliced, be substituted for the frozen peaches. In Step 4, increase microwave time to 7-9 minutes.
This recipe can be doubled in the Deep Covered Baker. Double the amount of ingredients. In Step 2, increase microwave time to 8-10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. In Step 4, increase microwave time to 9-11 minutes. Proceed with recipe.
Yield: 6 servings