4 slices uncooked bacon
8 oz (250 g) sharp cheddar cheese
3 tbsp (45 mL) red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Chipotle Rub, divided
2 tsp (10 mL) sugar
2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken breasts
6 corn tostadas
1 small Granny Smith apple
1/2 small red onion
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Stack the bacon slices and cut them into ¼-in. (6-mm) pieces. Cook in (8”) Saute Pan over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels; reserving about 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the bacon drippings for use in dressing.
2. Grate cheese with Microplane Adjustable Coarse Grater and set aside.
3. For dressing, process vinegar, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the rub, sugar and reserved bacon drippings in Manual Food Processor until blended.
4. Mix chicken, half of the cheese, bacon and dressing in Classic Batter Bowl.
5. Arrange tostadas on Large Bar Pan; sprinkle evenly with remaining ½ tbsp (7 mL) rub and cheese. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over tostadas.
6. Bake tostadas 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Meanwhile, cut apple lengthwise into two pieces, avoiding the core (discard core). Slice apple and onion with Simple Slicer on #1 setting. Cut apple slices into julienne strips using Utility Knife. Cut onion slices in half.
8. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Top tostadas with apple and onion.
Yield: 6 servings of 1 tostada