1/3 cup brown sugar (not packed)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 apple, peeled and chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside. Beat white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until incorporated; add vanilla extract.
Combine flour and baking powder together in another bowl; stir into creamed butter mixture. Mix milk into batter until smooth. Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Next add half the apples and half the brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Lightly pat apple mixture into batter.
Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and add more brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a finger or spoon.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
1 whole chicken (3 1/2-4 pounds)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1. For chicken, lightly spray Deep Covered Baker with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Trim excess fat using Professional Shears, if necessary. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of chicken. Place chicken onto Cutting Board; brush with oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.
2. For seasoning mixture, combine ingredients in 1 Cup Prep-Bowl; mix well. Completely coat outside of chicken with seasoning mixture. Place chicken, breast side up, into baker.
3. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 25-30 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 165°F in thickest part of breast and juices run clear. Remove from microwave. Cover with lid and let stand 10 minutes (temperature will rise to 170°F).
3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
4 ounces deli turkey breast, cut 1/2 inch thick
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
2 slices crisply cooked and crumbled bacon
1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 cup)
2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Chop lettuce with Chef’s Knife. Place in Classic Batter Bowl. Cut turkey into 1/2-inch cubes. Seed and chop tomatoes. Add turkey, tomatoes, blue cheese and bacon to Batter Bowl; cover and refrigerate.
2. Separate crescent rolls into 4 rectangles on Rectangle Baking Stone. Using lightly floured Baker’s Roller(R), press perforations together to seal; roll out dough to make 4 rectangles, 4 x 6 inches. Press garlic over dough using Garlic Press; spread evenly with Skinny Scraper. Sprinkle with basil. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove Baking Stone from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Immediately top crust with mozzarella cheese shredded with Rotary Grater.
3. Toss salad mixture with dressing using Bamboo Salad Tongs. Place equal amounts of salad mixture over warm crusts. Top with eggs sliced with Egg Slicer Plus(R). Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Filling: Ricotta, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, Parmesan, and seasonings (details below)
Lay the Lasagna noodles out and spread the “Filling” over them, add Chicken, Bacon, and Cheese. Roll em’ up, top with White (or Red) Sauce, sprinkle with some cheese and bake at 350 for around 30 minutes! Easy and Cheesy