1 package (12 ounces) uncooked fettuccini noodles
1 large carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
1 small yellow summer squash, cut into julienne strips
1 small zucchini, cut into julienne strips
3 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into strips3 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into strips
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, pressed
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 cup snipped fresh basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 ounce shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
1. In Executive (8-qt./7. 6-L) Stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to stockpot; keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, prepare vegetables. Using Julienne Peeler, cut carrot, yellow squash and zucchini into long julienne strips. Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise and remove seeds using Core & More; slice tomatoes into 1/4-inch strips.
3. Heat Stir-Fry Skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until garlic is softened and begins to brown. Add carrot, yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
4. Add remaining oil, remaining salt, basil and black pepper to pasta; toss gently. To serve, spoon pasta into serving bowl; top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings
1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
2 squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate for baking
2 tablespoons milk
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
12-16 strawberries, cut in half
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, well drained
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in center of Large Round Stone with Handles. Using lightly floured Baker’s Roller(R), roll dough to a 12-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are set. (Cookie will be soft. Do not overbake.) Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone using Bread Knife; cool completely on baking stone.
2. Place white chocolate and milk in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Microwave an additional 10-20 seconds if necessary. Cool slightly. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; mix well. Gradually stir in white chocolate mixture; mix until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cookie.
3. Arrange strawberries and mandarin oranges over cream cheese mixture. Place chocolate morsels and vegetable oil in Small Micro-Cooker(R); microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle over fruit. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Yield: 16 servings
3 cups sugar…
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 pinch salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 quart pecans
Combine sugar, buttermilk, corn syrup and salt in a very large pan (it will foam considerably when soda is added), and bring to a nice rolling boil. Add soda, stir and cook until soft-ball is formed when dropped in cold water. Then remove from heat and add vanilla. Beat until color changes and candy thickens. Stir in pecans. Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet. (DO IT FAST before the candy hardens).
1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
1 jar (11. 75 ounces) strawberry ice cream topping, divided
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
7 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
1 container (8 ounces) frozen light whipped topping, thawed, divided
12 whole strawberries with stems and lemon slices, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Cut an 18-inch-long piece of Parchment Paper. Press into bottom and up sides of Large Bar Pan. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour batter over parchment, spreading evenly. Bake 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with fingertip. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.
2. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar over cake using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Place a sheet of parchment over cake. Place cooling rack upside down over parchment and carefully turn cake out at once. Remove pan and parchment from bottom of cake. Starting at one short side, roll up cake in parchment. Cool completely.
3. Unroll cake and transfer to Large Grooved Cutting Board; discard parchment. Spread cake with 1/4 cup of the ice cream topping, pressing lightly using Skinny Scraper. Combine cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. Zest lemon using Zester/Scorer; juice lemon to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Add zest and juice to cream cheese mixture; whisk using Stainless Whisk. Add food coloring, if desired; mix well. Fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping; gently spread over ice cream topping to within 1 inch of edge; re-roll cake.
4. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Slice using Bread Knife. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(R) Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Garnish each serving with whipped topping, strawberry fan, lemon slice and remaining ice cream topping.
Yield: 12 servings
½ c. cocoa
¼ cup cornstarch/or arrowroot powder (or ½ c. all purpose flour)
3 egg yolks
1 ½ c. sugar
¼ tsp. salt
2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix cocoa, cornstarch, beaten egg yolks; sugar and salt, then add milk gradually, while stirring in a pot over med-high heat. Cook until thick, beating it smooth. Cream pies take some time to thicken, so stir… and stir (10-15 min). Using a heavy bottom pan really helps. Just keep it up until it thickens. Pour into a pre-baked pie shell. Put in the fridge to chill, add whipped cream if you like :0 Or use the left over egg whites for a meringue topping!
4 oz ham chopped*
1/4 lb broccoli chopped*
1/4 c onion chopped*
1/4 c fresh parsley snipped
1 1/2 c shredded swiss cheese (buy block and shred for better flavor)
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
2 pkg crescent rolls
*Use Food Chopper for ease
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine ingredients except the crescent rolls in bowl.
Unroll crescent rolls and arrange in a circle on round baking stone. Wide ends toward middle of stone – leaving hole.
Scoop mixture onto crescent rolls.
Fold over rolls and tuck ends under.
Bake 25-30 minutes – until nicely browned.
2 1/2 lbs chicken wings (or legs)
1 2/3 tablespoons olive oil ( to help it stop sticking to the pan)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 2/3 tablespoons ketchup
3/4 cup honey
2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/350 F
Place chicken in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper.
Pour over the chicken.
Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until sauce is caramelized.