2 cups (500 mL) mini pretzel twists
5 tbsp (75 mL) butter, melted
1/3 cup (75 mL) powdered sugar
1 bar (1.4 oz/40 g) milk chocolate English toffee candy
1/4 cup (50 mL) caramel sauce
6 oz (175 g) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (125 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping
Additional caramel sauce for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray cups of with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Finely chop half of the pretzels in Manual Food Processor until fine crumbs form. (Don’t worry if there are some small pretzel pieces.) Pour into Classic Batter Bowl. Repeat with remaining pretzels. Add butter and sugar and mix well.
3. Spoon about 1 tbsp (15 mL) of pretzel mixture into each cup of pan. Press down using Mini-Tart Shaper to form indentations. Bake 6 minutes.
4. Break candy bar into a few pieces and finely chop in Manual Food Processor until very fine crumbs form. Measure caramel sauce using Mini Measure-All.
5. Mix caramel sauce, cream cheese and chopped candy in same batter bowl. Stir in whipped topping until blended.
6. Spoon filling into a large resealable plastic bag (see Cook’s Tip) and trim the corner.
7. Place paper towels underneath Stackable Cooling Rack to prevent a sticky countertop. Remove pan from oven to cooling rack; let stand 2 minutes.
8. Loosen edges of crusts and remove them from pan to cooling rack.
9. Squeeze filling evenly into crusts. Pour additional caramel into a small resealable plastic bag. Trim corner and drizzle over cups.
Yield: 24 mousse cups – 1 per serving