1 1/2 lbs (700 g) medium raw shrimp (25-30 per pound), peeled, deveined, tails removed
3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt, divided
1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground black pepper
6 tbsp (90 mL) butter (3/4 stick), divided
6 tbsp (90 mL) dry sherry, divided
1/4 cup (50 mL) flour
3 1/2 cups (875 mL) milk, divided
1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper
8 oz (250 g) uncooked mezzi rigatoni pasta (2 cups/500 mL)
6 oz (175 g) sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups/375 mL)
4 oz (125 mL) fontina cheese, shredded (1 cup/250 mL)
2/3 cup (150 mL) panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped fresh parsely
1. Season shrimp with ¼ tsp (1 mL) of the salt, and pepper. Heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the butter in Rockcrok™ (2.5-qt./2.35-L) Everyday Pan over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until bubbling. Cook shrimp 2-3 minutes or until pink and cooked through, turning once. Stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the sherry; cook 30 seconds. Remove shrimp.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Add remaining butter and flour to Pan; whisk 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Slowly pour in 1 cup (250 mL) of the milk, whisking constantly until smooth. Whisk in remaining milk, mustard, cayenne and remaining ½ tsp (2 mL) salt. Cook, covered, 3-5 minutes or until mixture comes to a simmer, whisking often; remove Pan from heat.
3. Stir in pasta, 1 cup (250 mL) of the cheddar and fontina. Bake, covered, 30-35 minutes or until pasta is tender, gently stirring once halfway through baking.
4. Meanwhile, combine bread crumbs, parsley and remaining cheddar in small bowl.
5. Remove Pan from oven; preheat broiler. Stir in shrimp and remaining sherry; top with bread crumb mixture. Place Pan 2-4 in. (5-10 cm) from heating element. Broil 2-3 minutes or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
Yield: 10 servings