3 lb. boneless beef pot roast
2 T flour
1 T Oil
2 lg. onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c. soy sauce
1 c. water
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1. Dip Roast in flour and brown on both sides in oil in sauce pan, place in crock pot.
2. Top with onions salt and pepper.
3. Combine soy sauce, water and ginger, and pour over meat.
4. Cover, cook on low and cook for 8-10 hours.
5. Slice and serve with rice (brown or white) or other assorted vegetables. (For gravy see below)
Home Made Gravy from Drippings:
After pouring drippings in a measuring cup or fat separator, skim the fat, reserving 2 tablespoons. Add enough broth to drippings to measure 2 cups.
Combine flour and reserved fat in a saucepan until smooth over medium heat.
Gradually stir in the drippings mixture. Bring to a boil and stir until thickened. Add seasonings to taste.