· 2 to 3 lbs. ground beef
· 10 cans (10-3/4 oz) tomato soup
· 5 cans (15 oz) red kidney beans, with liquid
· 1 large can of diced tomatoes, with liquid
· 1 large onion, chopped
· 2 green peppers, chopped
· 5 large garlic cloves chopped or 10 tsp minced garlic
· 4 Tbsp Chili Powder, add more to taste
1. Chop the onions, garlic and green peppers.
2. In an 8 quart dutch oven, add the ground beef and brown on medium high heat for 5-10 minutes.
3. Add the onions and peppers. Cook additional 10 minutes until tender, drain any leftover liquid.
4. Replace pot on stove and add tomato soup, stirring constantly and bring to a boil.
5. Remove from heat and add the beans, chili powder and garlic. Stir and taste. Add more chili powder if needed.
6. Replace on stove, stir consistently and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to low and add the tomatoes. Taste again and add additional spices to taste. Stir about every 5 – 10 min. otherwise the beans will burn!
8. Continue the process for a half hour.
9. Remove from stove and let set for 15 minutes before serving.
10. Serve with some cactus cornbread!