· 5 cups chicken broth, divided
· 1/3 cup carrot, grated
· 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
· 1/3 cup cabbage, finely diced
· 2 green onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon finely ground pepper
· 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
· 4 eggs, beaten
Reserve 3/4 cup of the chicken broth.
In a large saucepan, pour the remaining broth into it along with the carrots, peas, cabbage, green onions, and garlic powder.
Stir the ginger, salt and pepper into the saucepan, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth, and slowly add to soup while whisking Add more/less cornstarch to achieve your desired thickness.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs using a fork. Reduce heat just until soup is still simmering, and while whisking in a clockwise motion very slowly drizzle the eggs to form ribbons (NOTE: eggs will cook immediately).