1 qt. chicken broth (or vegetable)
2 c. milk, (I used 2%)
20 oz. broccoli florets, frozen
1/2 c. diced white onion
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 c. each of three of your favorite cheeses
1. Mince the onion into really small pieces.
2. Add the onion to your crock pot, and top with the milk, broth, and spices.
3. Stir in the frozen broccoli.
4. Cover. Cook on Low for 7-9 hours, or on High for 4-6. The broth is done when the onion is cooked nicely.
5. 20 minutes or so before serving, shred all the cheese you are going to use, and stir it in. The cheese will be stringy and will stick to the broccoli florets.
Note: Serve with your favorite rolls or drop biscuits.
Variation: Blend the soup by using a hand held emulsion blender to blend some of the large broccoli florets. Thickens the broth, and makes the soup smoother!