8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup oats, regular or quick
1 cup mini M&M’s
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Mix cream cheese, butter, vanilla and peanut butter in Classic Batter Bowl until smooth. Stir in brown sugar and powdered sugar, mixing well.
2. Using the Classic Scraper fold in oats, M&M’s, and chocolate chips.
Serve with pretzels or graham cracker sticks.
Great with apples or strawberries
Note: If you only have regular size M&M’s or Chocolate Chips, use the Food Chopper to chop in to smaller pieces.
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons garlic, minced 2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
24 ounces beer
4 vidalia onions (I use walla wallas here in Calgary)
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Creamy Chili sauce
1 pint mayonnaise
1 pint sour cream
1/2 cup tomato chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
Outback Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons ketchup
2 teaspoons creamed horseradish
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1 dash black pepper
1 dash cayenne
combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne-mix well.
——–Creamy chili sauce—-
combine mayo, sour cream, chili sauce and cayenne-mix well.
Blend everything together well and let sit for 2 hours-refidgerated- or overnight.
——–And for the batter———.
Mix cornstarch, flour and seasonings until well blended.
Add beer and mix well.
Cut about 3/4 inch off top of onion and peel.
Cut into onion 12-16 vertical wedges but do not cut through bottom root end.
Remove about 1 inch of petals from center of onion (You can place the cut onions in cold water for a few hours to help “open” them up — just make sure that you drain them well).
Dip in seasoned flour and gently shake to remove excess.
Seperate peatals to coat thoroughly with batter.
Gently place in a fryer basket and deep fry at 375-400 for 1 1/2 minutes.
Turn over and fry 1 1/2 minutes more or until golden brown
Drain on paper towels.
Place onion upright in a shallow bowl and remove center core with a circular cutter or apple corer.
Serve hot with chili sauce and dipping sauce.
3 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
1/4 cup oil
Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving
1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg, beaten
Heat oven to 350°F.
Unroll dough and press in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 9×13-inch pan. Firmly press perforations to seal. Bake 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Pour filling over partially baked crust.
Bake 18 to 22 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Cool completely, about 1 hour, and cut into bars.
1 package regular Oreo cookies (Not Double Stuff) – about 36 cookies
6 Tablespoon butter, melted
1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons cold milk
1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
2 – 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
3 1/4 cups cold milk
1 and 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
1. Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. I used my Manual food processor for this, but you could also place them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin or meat mallet. When the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs, you are done.
2. Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
3. Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the oreo crust.
4. In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
5. Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
3 zucchini (1 lb.)
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 packet Shake & Bake Coating Mix
1 small egg
Heat oven to 450ºF.
Trim the zucchini -cut crosswise in half, then cut each piece into 1/4-inch sticks. Add cheese to coating mix in shaker bag; shake gently to combine.
Whisk egg in medium bowl. Add zucchini; toss to coat. Use tongs to place 1/4 of the zucchini in shaker bag; close bag and shake to evenly coat. Spread onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
Bake for 12 to 13 min. or until golden brown, turning the baking tray 180 degrees after 7 min to facilitate even baking.
makes approximately 8 servings
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1-1/2 cups water
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1 envelope taco seasoning
6 cups tortilla or corn chips
4 to 5 cups shredded lettuce
9 to 10 pitted large olives, sliced lengthwise
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato paste and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
Place chips in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread beef mixture evenly over the top. Cover with lettuce. For each star, arrange five olive slices together in the upper left corner. To form stripes, add cheese and tomatoes in alternating rows. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.